The next scheduled election for which the Party will consider endorsements will take place November 3, 2020. If you are a previously endorsed incumbent or considering running for office, please read the following webpage, and then contact Joe Pierre email@example.com.
Upcoming Endorsement Interviews
August 6, 2020
- Santa Barbara City College Board of Trustees
- Goleta Union School District Board of Trustees
- Santa Barbara Unified School District Board of Trustees
- Lompoc City Council
- Isla Vista Community Services District Board of Directors
- Goleta Sanitary District Board of Directors
The Santa Barbara County Democratic Party encourages all Democratic candidates to participate in our endorsement process. This timing gives endorsed candidates credibility and enough time to seek other endorsements, meet with voters and discuss the issues before voting begins.
Several key benefits candidates receive from an endorsement:
- The Party’s endorsement communicates to voters that endorsed candidates hold and represent Democratic values.
- The party provides invaluable advice and expertise, especially to first-time candidates.
- Candidates gain efficiency and effectiveness by sharing activities and resources with other endorsed candidates, such as neighborhood canvassing, literature distribution and voter registration.
We are a party of inclusion and look forward to encouraging new and experienced candidates throwing their hat into the vigorous campaign season that is just beginning.
The first step to seeking an endorsement is to contact the Endorsements and Resolutions Chair, Joe Pierre at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will walk you through the process, which includes:
- A detailed questionnaire based on the Party Platform.
- An interview with the Central Committee, which has regularly scheduled meetings in Buellton on the first Thursday of every month.
You must be a registered Democrat to seek the party’s endorsement.