The next scheduled election for which the Party will consider endorsements will take place November 8, 2022. If you are a previously endorsed incumbent or considering running for office, please read the following webpage, and then contact Endorsements and Resolutions Chair Carol Keator at immediately.
The Santa Barbara County Democratic Party will consider endorsements/positons for the following offices/measures at the August 25, 2022 Special Meeting.
- Santa Barbara County Board of Education, Area 1
- Santa Barbara County Board of Education, Area 5
- Goleta Union School District Board, Area 3
- Goleta Union School District Board, Area 5
- Santa Barbara City College Board of Trustees, Area 1
- Santa Barbara Unified School District Board, Area 1
- Santa Maria Joint Union HS District Board, Area 4
- Santa Maria-Bonita Elementary District Board, Area 2
- Santa Ynez Union HS District Board, At Large (Short Term)
- Isla Vista Community Services District Board (2-Year Term)
- Measure T (City of Carpinteria)
Registered Democrats can request to join the Central Committee meeting by clicking here.
The Santa Barbara County Democratic Party encourages all Democratic candidates to participate in our endorsement process. This timing gives endorsed candidates credibility and enough time to seek other endorsements, meet with voters and discuss the issues before voting begins.
Several key benefits candidates receive from an endorsement:
- The Party’s endorsement communicates to voters that endorsed candidates hold and represent Democratic values.
- The party provides invaluable advice and expertise, especially to first-time candidates.
- Candidates gain efficiency and effectiveness by sharing activities and resources with other endorsed candidates, such as neighborhood canvassing, literature distribution and voter registration.
We are a party of inclusion and look forward to encouraging new and experienced candidates throwing their hat into the vigorous campaign season that is just beginning.
- A detailed questionnaire based on the Party Platform.
- An interview with the Central Committee, which has regularly scheduled meetings on the first Thursday of every month.
You must be a registered Democrat to seek the party’s endorsement.