Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Santa Barbara County Democratic Party will be making operational adjustments in order to do our part to prevent community transmission of this disease.
- Democratic HQ will be closed until further notice.
- Our staff is working remotely, and can be reached by phone and email.
- Democratic Central Committee meetings will be held via video and teleconference in accordance with California Democratic Party recommendations.
- The 12th Annual Roosevelt-Hamer Dinner has been postponed until further notice.
- We strongly encourage you to stay up-to-date with public health developments. The best way to do that is by following guidance from our Federal, State, and local elected officials. Below is a summary of guidance released on March 19 regarding the stay-at-home order currently in effect for all individuals in California.
California Stay at Home Order
As of March 19, the Governor, the California State Public Health Officer and Director of the California Department of Public Health are ordering all individuals living in the State of California to stay home or at their place of residence, except as needed to maintain continuity of operation of the federal critical infrastructure sectors, critical government services, schools, childcare, and construction, including housing construction.
This goes into effect on Thursday, March 19, 2020. The order is in place until further notice.
Essential services will remain open such as:
- Gas stations
- Food: Grocery stores, farmers markets, food banks, convenience stores, take-out and delivery restaurants
- Laundromats/laundry services
- Essential state and local government functions will also remain open, including law enforcement and offices that provide government programs and services.
- Dine-in restaurants
- Bars and nightclubs
- Entertainment venues
- Gyms and fitness studios
- Public events and gatherings
- Convention Centers
More information can be found through the COVID-19 California Website.