The Democratic Party of Santa Barbara County is seeking an Organizing Director.
The Organizing Director will be largely responsible for coordinating, maintaining and supporting grassroots activities by the party and its clubs. A strong candidate will have multiple election cycles of experience coordinating direct voter contact campaigns, and/or equivalent experience in community or issue-based organizing. The O.D. must be proactive, self-driven, and disciplined when working independently. This role will work under the supervision of the Party Chair. Duties include but are not limited to:
Campaigns and Volunteer Management
- Recruiting and training volunteers for party events and election campaigns.
- Coordinating, as directed, joint electoral field operations for Party endorsed candidates.
- Supervising field organizers and interns.
- Coordinating with endorsed candidates and issue-based campaigns.
- Campaign budget design and oversight.
- Support club growth and development.
- Maintain Party voter database and CRM programs.
- Support fundraising activities and events.
- Sustain Party social media presence (website, Facebook, Twitter, etc).
- Informing and mobilizing the active membership of the party and the broad progressive committee for Party-endorsed activities, campaigns or events.
Preferred skills: Knowledge of PDI and Action Network, excellent written and verbal skills, graphic design, Spanish language.
Preferred Experience: Campaign experience, including managing and recruiting volunteers and organizing staff, designing voter contact campaigns and developing campaign budgets.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Open until March 15, 2019 or until filled.