The Democratic Party of Santa Barbara County is seeking an Organizing Director. The Organizing Director will be largely responsible for coordinating, maintaining and supporting grassroots activity by the party, and its clubs. A strong candidate will have multiple election cycles of experience coordinating direct voter contact campaigns, and/or equivalent experience in community or issue-based organizing. The O.D. will work under the supervision of the Party Chair. Duties include but are not limited to:
Campaigns and Volunteer Management
- Recruiting and training volunteers for party events and election campaigns.
- Coordinating, as directed, joint electoral field operations for Party endorsed candidates.
- Supervising field organizers and interns
- Coordinating with endorsed candidate and issue-based campaigns
- Campaign budget design
- Support club growth and development
- Maintain Party voter database, CRM programs
- Support fundraising activities and events
- Sustain Party social media presence (website, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Informing and mobilizing the active membership of the party and the broad Progressive community for Party-endorsed activities, campaigns or events.
Preferred skills: Knowledge of PDI or other voter database system, knowledge of NationBuilder or similar CRM system, excellent written and verbal skills, graphic design, Spanish language.
Preferred Experience: Significant campaign experience, including managing and recruiting volunteers and organizing staff, designing voter contact campaigns and developing campaign budgets.
Salary based on experience. Partial coverage of health insurance. Paid vacation. Two-year commitment preferable.
Please email resume and cover letter to info [at] sbdems [dot] org.